- Understanding how the law applies
- Avoiding challenge and minimising risk
- Help develop equality analysis reports (EIAs)
- Sense check and act as critical friend when developing and delivering services
- Ensure you meet Public Sector Equality DutiesPreparation for Equality Audits
- Help identify gaps in service provision or one of projects to tackle particular problems
- Working in a supportive way with your teams
- Develop pragmatic process and policies
- Linking Equality objective in to work delivery
- Working to diminish overspend and over supply
- Train key staff in issues connected to Equality such as:
â€¢ Equality analysis reports
â€¢ Unconscious bias
â€¢ Meeting equality duties
â€¢ Preparing for audit
â€¢ Working with communities and consultation
â€¢ Minimising sub optimal performance when developing PIDs and delivering work
â€¢ Robust consultation processes
â€¢ Working with HR to develop diverse work profiles and processes
- Redesign of services and contracts legally and safely
- Identifying and managing key equality and diversity mile stones
- Identify savings whilst maintaining a person centred approach
- How to effect change and develop evidence and criteria for change
- How to identify and meet diverse needs in service delivery and planning new projects
- How to embed equality and diversity in to contract specification for private sector or third party service delivery
- Keeping a correct weighting and balance in consultation and engagement
Your task. Our Task.
Our team regularly works with government departments from helping them to redevelop service or helping them to tackle particular problems they face and need solutions to.
Itâ€™s vital when transformation is taking place due to financial changes that you understand:â€¨â€¢ How your transformation relates to the Equality Act 2010, the Human Rights Act & the European Convention of Human Rights and the treaty on the functioning of the European union (TFUE)â€¨â€¢ How to demonstrate clear thinking and processes to prove you are meeting Public Sector Equality Dutiesâ€¨â€¢ How to develop robust consultation and engagement plansâ€¨â€¢ How to develop mitigating programmes to minimise the impact of cuts.â€¨â€¢ Understanding and prioritising the need of service users and then developing service provision is vital in maximising value for money and satisfaction of service users.
Itâ€™s vital to understand the equality implications of service provision and building good intelligence based on consultation with service users, monitoring outcomes and general statistics all of which should be used in defining and delivering services.
We can work with you to identify priorities, service user need helping you to streamline and target your resources.
We can help you develop very realistic approaches in how to monitor and collect data, what the data is telling you and how this should influence your decisions around transformation.â€¨We can help you to assess the impact of your plans and transformation programme, not only making sure that the process you use is pragmatic and not a piece of over burdensome bureaucracy, but also that it is precise and points to a clear route to developing service provision that meets need. Equality Legislation allows you to reduce services, however there are clear steps and processes that you need to travel to minimise â€˜adverse impactâ€™ but also protect your organisation from costly litigation.
If you have a particular problem that you want to tackle, give us a call and we will discuss options for you.